The WHAT of getting started. What do we treat?
Clients who seek treatment at our center have a variety of struggles and problems. Without providing an exhaustive list, these are some of the issues we are able to help you address:
- Borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- Impulsive behaviors
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Grief and loss
- Bipolar Disorder
- Substance abuse/dependence
- Eating disorders or related problems
- Health/medical problems
- Relationship problems
- Parenting issues
The HOW of getting started. How do you start?
- The first step to getting started is to browse through our website. Think about whether this program feels like it could be helpful in terms of what you’re struggling with and what you need.
- Next, review the bios and locations/specialties of our providers, and contact who seems to be the best fit for you and request an initial intake. All of our providers conduct intakes for our DBT program. Our providers can be contacted via phone or email.
- If you are interested in individual DBT and/or group DBT skills training, the next step is to fill out the assessment paperwork that will be emailed to you upon your request. After the initial intake, the provider working with you will discuss recommendations for treatment.
- The wait time for getting started in the DBT program may vary. At times, there may be a waiting period to enter our program, and at other times you may be able to enter right away.
- If our program is not an appropriate fit for your particular situation, your intake provider will make an appropriate referral suggestion for you.